Thursday, September 17, 2009

....still sewing....

do you know if they have hobby/crafting/scrapbooking/sewing anonymous? I think I need to go.

I got up at 5:30am {that is UNHEARD of} to finish sewing these aprons...{so I could get my real work done during the day.} They turned out supercute!!! I am not sure I can wear it to actually cook in!

I should have taken more pictures while I was making them but seriously they are SEW easy. {haha}




Tutorial for super cute apron

Take an apron you like {I used two different ones to get exactly what I wanted} lay apron on top of fabric you wish to use. Pin to keep in place. Cut exact pattern ADDING 1" to each side. {I didn't add to the bottom because I didn't want my apron any longer and I knew I would be adding the ruffle.}

From coordinating fabric cut the following pieces:

3 - 5" x 45" {2 for ties, 1 for ruffle}
1 - 4" x 22" {neck strap}
1 - 3" x width of apron {strip at top}
1 - 8" x 16" {pocket}

*I realized it would be easier to explain if I take pictures....so, I'll have to make another one {darn :)} and make sure I take pictures, then I'll put the full tutorial. If you have any questions before I get it done, let me know...it's really super easy and you can probably figure it out without instructions.

5 comments:

  1. Those are darling! What terrific projects!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I may need to go with you if they have such a group, lol!!! Could you tell me how much material you bought for this project as most places will only cut one specific size?
    ~Linda~

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use 1 yard for the apron and about 3/4 of a yard for the accent pieces. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails